Not only will you help change someone’s earthly life – you’ll impact their eternal life. By being involved in missions, you can take part in God’s plan to reach the nations.
Dates: 06/20/2021 - 08/14/2021
1. Opportunities include counseling kids and teens during the week and helping clean and get the camp ready for the next week on weekends.
2. Other behind the scenes needs include maintenance, housekeeping, kitchen help, etc.
3. Our camps are in English, so volunteers do not need to speak German.
In our area of Germany, which was formerly part of East Germany, many young people not only don't know Christ, they also don't have a church or know any Christians. We want God to use our Bible Institute and camps to reach the Germany youth with the Gospel so they can be saved and then discipled as part of a church.
1. Flights would be in and out of Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER) in the city of Berlin.
You will stay in WOL housing on property.
Public transportation is available, but if you have a valid driver's license in Germany, you may be able to drive a WOL ministry vehicle.
You will eat on WOL property, usually with the Bible Institute students.
We will help you with this process. People from many countries can stay 90 days without a Visa, otherwise it needs to be done beforehand.
What to Bring
1. We will provide specific info to each applicant depending on your situation, length of stay, etc.
2. Generally speaking, a European plug adapter (Type C or F) is need as Germany's electricity runs at 230 volts.
In Germany, church dress is casual and relaxed. Casual clothing is also good for camp ministry. For special events, dress pants, jackets, and dresses are good to wear.
What you would be responsible for:
When you are officially accepted, we would expect you to:
• Purchase a round-trip flight (bus or train) ticket
• Purchase WOL Short Term Insurance at a rate of approx. $4.15 per day if you are American (in the event that your trip were to exceed 30 days, a much cheaper rate would apply). If you come from a country other than the U.S.A. you will have to provide us with proof of any travel health insurance before you enter Germany. Upon your acceptance, we will email you a link with instructions as to how to sign up.
• Complete the background check application and consent form. Word of Life International has made the safety of our staff, participants and the children we minister to a high priority. Because of this, we are implementing a policy for all short term missionary participants representing Word of Life Fellowship. Every American citizen serving in one of our programs will need to complete a background check application and consent form. Upon your acceptance, simply go to this link, http://www.wol.org/backgroundcheck complete the Background Check Application, and then pay the processing cost in the amount of $ 10 with a credit card at the time of completion.
• Bring as much spending money for personal purchases and sight-seeing ($50 for admission fees is plenty) as you think you will need. (Keep in mind: The only opportunity for exchanging money at reasonable rates will be at Berlin Airports upon your arrival).
We, in turn, will take care of the following expenses while you are serving at camp:
1. Free transportation to and from the Berlin airports / Central Bus Station (ZOB).
2. Free room (bed sheets will be provided) and board.
3. Free transportation to and from Berlin for sight-seeing.
4. Free bag lunches on sight-seeing days.
5. Free use of camp activities.
6. Free use of the laundry facilities.